Monday, August 28, 2006
Interweave Knits Bonita Top – Never went back and touched this one. Still wondering...maybe a frogpond victim soon soon enough.
VK Lace Edge Cardigan – Worried about seaming I signed up for a Finishing Class...lol as if that will help me finish all this knitting - but I am scared to seam so this may be the ticket.
Noni Rather Huge Carpet Bag – SHOULD go in the wash to felt tonight!
Rowan Carolina – Body is done. Did one sleeve and started over. I STILL love this beauty, but the lace is proving difficult.
Funky Soaker for R – DONE
Felted R Hat – Don’t know where I put it!!!
Lace Leaf Pullover – Waiting on needles for the top.
Green Pants for R – FROGGED
Custom Top-down Lace Sweater – STILL swatching out different laces for this one. I have the design and have been reading Barbara Walkers book…
Baby Bolero – Going to seaming class as well. I tried to backstitch the shoulders and they look like hell.
Mohair Rebecca Wrap Cardigan – HAVE NOT TOUCHED :( From my first post, "Started last week as well. I am ½ way thru the sleeves. This should be an easy finish" FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!
Currently on deck:
Mystery Stole – I have the yarn and have swatched. Just letting it wait though as I have so many.
Rowan Calmer Air – Have the yarn have not swatched.
Fiery Bolero – bought the yarn and have swatched…that is all
Beer Sweater – The yarn is bought but have not swatched it yet.
Felted Wavy Edge Hat– The yarn is bought but have not swatched it yet.
Anthropology Caplet – DONE SISTER TRIED ON!!!! WOOHOOO FO! - No seaming on that one ;)
Little R Jeans – Yarn is bought hanging out…
and one not on the list - I made R (oh by the way that is my 1-yr old boy) a vest for a wedding next weekend. I have to REDO the neck because his head is too big, but alas that WILL be another FO - I mean I have a HARD DEADLINE no nekkid kids at the wedding!
So the blue ones I will so be done - WOOHOO I hit my goal of three for the month! I will post pics when I find my freaking camera. In the middle of FO Madness we are moving across 3 states...yes I am nuts ;)
Friday, August 25, 2006
DH JUUST CALLED - CRUD! I think he may win the race...and thus...boring old outfit for me. BOOOOO!!!
On the knit front...I signed up for a finishing class for this Tuesday. I have 4 projects sitting here ready to take to the class. I tried seaming up the baby bolero and my back stitching at the shoulders looks like crapola so I am taking the class. All UFOs are patiently waiting. I hope to have some great FOs for you soooon!!!!
Also I started and am 95% done - yeah can you believe that! - a little vest for R for the wedding B is in next weekend. So I have a HARD DEADLINE! I should be done by the time we make it to Stockton...woohooo. I did the whole thing withOUT a pattern following Barbara Walker's directions in knitting from the top. I am super stoked and I brought yarn and needles to work on my top down design I have been playing with for the past month. I gotta tell you I am looking at all patterns figuring out how to switch them to be top down in the round. That stuff is EAASY PEASY!!!
I have SO much more to share, but we are moving next weekend! FINALLY getting to Boulder!!!! After that I will have so much time to share with you lovelys! So PLEASE stay tuned...I promise this blog will develop something to Tickle you Pink!
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
I did not finish the two Speed Knitting Items. I actually put up my One Skein Book and could not find it - yes I am that ditzy! Then I forgot the last ball of yarn when I went down south for the wrap. Oh well!!! I have a TON on the needles that I decided to join a hopefully productive KAL to aide me in getting these off the needles and into the closet.
Items on the needles:
- Interweave Knits Bonita Top – Halfway up but I am thinking it looks hokey with the stitches so I may just frog this and start over. The yarn may be too soft for this design as well. I am so torn and so sad about this one!
- VK Lace Edge Cardigan – Started in May and went all the way until I got to the seaming and then it has stalled. I have to block and seam then crochet the edge. One front looks smaller than the other so have to try and fix that as well.
- Noni Rather Huge Carpet Bag – 2 more lines / 10 rows to go why I cannot finish this ACK it has been on the sticks since April
- Noni Flowers - ½ way through the flowers as well…notice a theme?
- Rowan Carolina – Have 15 more rows on the body then it is on to lace. I actually have not stopped this one as I love it so much!
- Funky Soaker for R – Need to fix my decreases and then finish these. About 60% thru.
- Felted R Hat – Just need to sew the brim to the hat. Don’t know where I put it.
- Lace Leaf Pullover – Finished the bottom portion. Waiting on needles for the top. Need to finish the sleeves and be all ready to go!!! I just started this over the weekend so this is doing well.
- Green Pants for R – ½ way thru the leg of one and realize I should frog and start over. This was done when I was a very new knitter.
- Custom Top-down Lace Sweater – I am still swatching out different laces for this one. I have the design and have been reading Barbara Walkers book…
- Baby Bolero – Started last week. Need to finish one sleeve and the edging. Was suppose to be for a baby shower last weekend, but will go to our other cousin who is also having a girl.
- Mohair Rebecca Wrap Cardigan – Started last week as well. I am ½ way thru the sleeves. This should be an easy finish, but I keep going back to Miss Carolina.
Currently on deck:
- Mystery Stole – I have the yarn and have swatched. Just letting it wait though as I have so many.
- Rowan Calmer Air – Have the yarn have not swatched.
- Fiery Bolero – bought the yarn and have swatched…that is all
- Beer Sweater – The yarn is bought but have not swatched it yet.
- Felted Wavy Edge Hat– The yarn is bought but have not swatched it yet.
- Anthropology Caplet (or some shrug) – Bought yarn that I loved last weekend. Going to see if it will work for this pattern. This may be a real quick FO and may use the chocolate manos that was intended for the Felted Wavy Edge Hat.
- Little R Jeans – Yarn is bought hanging out…
The ones in Pink I think I have a good chance of finishing this month. I am so pitiful this weekend my girlfriend told me that she had some amazing patterns for me but refused to share until I showed her THREE FO...OHHH MAN told you I had a problem!!